Undergraduate Scholarships & Financial Aid

Undergraduate Financial Aid

All forms of financial aid other than funding for private lessons are administered by the Financial Aid Office, Room N241.

Phone: 212-772-4820
Email: faohc@hunter.cuny.edu

Department of Music Financial Assistance for Private Lessons

Private lessons in instruments and voice (MUSPF 401, MUSPF 431, or, in some cases, MUSPF 402) are provided both by members of the faculty and by department-recommended Performance Instructors. Only declared music majors and minors are eligible. To be considered for a teacher assignment, students must submit a Teacher Assignment Form according to posted deadlines. No exceptions! The factors considered by the Music Department Performance Committee in making teacher assignments are performance ability, seniority, participation in Music Department performing ensembles, and academic record. Priority is given to students in the 60-credit degree program.

The Hunter College Department of Music is pleased to announce the creation of five new full in-state tuition scholarships in orchestral performance for Master’s level study during the 2016-17 academic year.  For more information about the Cutler Scholarship, click here.